Dookey Dash: Yuga Labs Skill-Based NFT Game
Yuga Labs known for the notorious Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT collection has launched a new skill-based mint. Check out what it's about and how to participate.
Does the name Yuga Labs ring a bell? Well, it most likely does, as they are behind the popular Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT collection.
The skill-based mint for the game started on the 18th of January and has brought significant hype to the NFT market.
Keep on reading to discover what the revolutionary Dookey Dash game is and how it’s creating so much excitement among the community.
What is Dookey Dash?
Dookey Dash is an endless runner game, like many classics such as Super Mario Run, Temple Run, Robot Unicorn Attack, and other similar games. From the 18th of January up until the 8th of February, users can access the game with a special pass - the Sewer Pass NFT.
The plot behind Dookey Dash gameplay involves the Jimmy the Monkey storyline where players enter BAYC sewers in search of a bathroom to get a key from Jimmy. As you might have guessed, the game’s art is inspired by the notorious Bored Ape NFTs.
The goal of the game is to run as long as you can overcome obstacles thrown your way, all while collecting and trading unique digital apes called Dookeys. The game combines the players’ use of quick and strategic thinking in order to obtain the Key.
So basically, the longer you are able to run, the higher score you get. But if you snooze, you lose. Depending on how high you score, the Sewer Pass can evolve into different rewards.
At this moment, Yuga Labs has not yet revealed what exactly is in store for the top scorers. Perhaps it’s a new Ape or another NFT from a new line of characters? Well, I guess we need to play to find out.
Skill-Based NFT Mint
What makes Dookey Dash different from other play-to-earn games is the fact that it is a skill-based game. Therefore, the players’ skills and decisions will determine which rewards they are qualified for.
And this is one of the reasons why the game has created so much buzz among the community, as many other play-to-earn types of games rely mainly on random chance.
As Dookey Dash focuses on skill and determination, success is no longer based entirely on luck. Instead, players willing to spend their time learning the game and understanding how to overcome obstacles have a higher chance of scoring on top of the leaderboard.
As Dookey Dash is a free mint, there’s no need to pay money to play the game. However, a certain type of NFT is needed to access the game - a limited-edition NFT called a Sewer Pass.
Anyone who owns a Yuga Labs NFT, whether a Bored Ape or Mutant Ape NFT, can claim a free Sewer Pass. The passes have four different tiers - all have point-earning bonuses.
- Tier 1 is attained with a Mutant Ape NFT
- Tier 2 pass is given to those combining Mutant Ape and Bored Ape Kennel Club NFTs
- Tier 3 is obtained with a Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT
- Tier 4, the highest bonus percentage possible, is available for those combining Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT and Bored Ape Kennel Club NFT
One Sewer Pass gives players unlimited tries in Dookey Dash. It’s also possible to sell the free Sewer Pass on secondary marketplaces or transfer it to a friend.
Keep in mind, however, that your high score is connected to the unique combination of your wallet and your Sewer Pass. If the Sewer Pass is transferred to another wallet, a new wallet and pass combination is generated, and the existing high score will be reset.
However, if the Sewer Pass is moved back to the original wallet and the original unique combination is recreated, your original high score is restored.
How To Participate In Dookey Dash?
To start your Dookey Dash journey, navigate to the Dookey Dash website.
- Get a Sewer Pass. If you aren't a Bored Ape or Mutant Ape NFT holder, you can purchase it from Sewer Pass holders who are not planning on playing.
- Score points by running through the sewer and avoiding obstacles. The longer you are able to keep on running, the higher you will score. And don’t forget to receive some extra points by collecting specific types of fragments in the sewers.
- Aim to be on top of the leaderboard. The goal of the game is to do better than other players. The place you achieve on the universal leaderboard will determine your rewards later on.
- Keep your Sewer Pass. As mentioned before, your high score is connected to the unique combination of your wallet and your Sewer Pass. So if you want your score to be counted after the game, don’t trade your pass during the game period.
- Wait until the 15th of February - on this date, “The Summoning” event will take place, and the eligible Sewer Passes will transform into the promised rewards. In order for your Sewer Pass to transform, you don’t even need to be among the top scorers - anyone who has played the game and scored higher than 0 will be able to see their pass transform. But, of course, the score will determine the value and rarity of your reward.
To Sum Up
Anyone interested in the NFT market should be aware of the Dookey Dash event, as it brings some interesting opportunities.
The skill-based mint eliminates random luck and gives a chance to those players wanting to really learn the game to be able to receive great rewards.
And even if you’re not eager to play, you might still want to keep an eye on what Bored Ape NFTs are doing in the upcoming weeks.